Sunday, February 21, 2010

Have you ever felt nervous about speaking English?

Grammar: How are you doing with present perfect? Have you made progress understanding this important verb? You can study some more today, or skip down to speaking, listening, or writing practice.

Present Perfect Review: You can skip this if you feel confident.

Spelling:

Job applications, resumes, and cover letters need to be perfect so you have a better chance of getting an interview. 

Speaking Practice:  

Last week, we finished our chapter about Job Interview and Job Applications. Some of you had a chance to practice answering job interview questions online. This week, you can practice more questions, or you can begin for the first time. 

If this is your first time, register for Voicethread today so you can record  answers to interview questions. If you registered last week, sign in and answer more questions. Also, you can listen to each other so you can learn from each other. Click here to answer interview questions.

Listening:
Here is a great song about we handle the changes we face in life. What has been changing in your life? What have you been nervous about? What have you been looking forward to?




Writing:

I have been learning new languages since I was a teenager. I have always thought the challenges of new languages are fascinating. Every language is amazing and beautiful to me. Also, I have been
teaching English for about twenty-eight years. I have not stopped enjoying my work as a teacher. My students have always made a positive impression on me. I think immigrants are some of the bravest, and most hard-working people in the world. People have been moving all over world for thousands of years. We move far from home to begin new lives, sometimes with a great sense of adventure. Sometimes people leave home for terribly sad reasons. I am happy that I chose a job that mixes my love of languages with the chance to watch history, and the chance to meet so many brave and interesting people, such as my students. 

What about you? Please click on comment and write.   
  1. What have you been doing for a long time? 
  2. Why have you been doing this? 
  3. What have you learned?



1 comment:

  1. I have been mostly at home for the least 6 years, but in between I had the chance to do a certificate in massage therapy here in San Francisco, and I'm proud of myself because the course was in English and I did it great!. I really miss dancing, I realize that I really enjoy using my body as a way to express my feelings and moods and since I don't have enough time to have a course of dance or compromise my time, I'm trying to go to the gym, and do some body work there without compromising time.
    Eva Castillo

    ReplyDelete