Sunday, February 28, 2010

The March 22nd Sacramento March for Education

Grammar: Phrasal Verbs with "hold"
  1. Click here for a list with definitions
  2. Exercise One
  3. Exercise Two
  4. Exercise Three
Speaking Practice: 

Here are some students like yourselves from CCSF Chinatown campus. Please take a look, then introduce yourself. We will make a story next week and send it to them. Maybe we can meet some of them in Sacramento, or in San Francisco. Click here for a new window.


Writing:

What do you think about speaking up for education? I never thought I would need to attend protest rallies for education in California. I feel both sad and angry that our economy and government cannot financially support educating students of all ages. We are such a rich country! I believe strongly that getting an education can change lives. I know my education changed my life. I am glad we have the freedom to speak up for important things in many places in our world today. I know there have been many times in history all over the world when people could not speak up freely.


I remember clearly when my elder daughter was just a young toddler. We watched the Chinese students protesting in Tiannamen Square on television for hours together. This impressed her a lot because I rarely watched television. Her eyes and her mind were wide open with surprise and many questions. I tried my best to explain why I thought the students were doing a brave and good thing. I wanted her to grow up and not be afraid to speak up bravely. I am happy that she has grown up to be brave and to speak well!

This week, please click below on comments and try to answer at least one of these questions:
  1. What does your education mean to you?
  2. What do you think about peaceful protests? How do they help an important cause?
  3. Have you been to Sacramento on a student march. What was your experience like? Will you join us this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment